Rainy days and nights | Creating Positivity Creating Positivity: Rainy days and nights
Contact Us:



Name: *


Email: *

Message: *


Sign up for LifeLock today and receive 10% off!
Follow Me!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Rainy days and nights

So it has been raining for several days in my neck of the woods. Most of the time it comes pummeling down, other times we catch breaks just long enough to take the dog out for a bathroom break in a light drizzle. With very strong lightening, I find myself shutting down and unplugging my home computer, hoping to save the modem from getting struck so that when it all passes, I will be able to connect back to society, lol. Sighs. Sometimes, I find myself thinking, "What was life like before the internet."
Stuck inside, with the rain beating on the metal roof, which by the way is annoying during daytime hours, yet surprisingly soothing during the night, like a mobile on a baby's crib, it helps to put me right to sleep. I find myself twittling my thumbs as if I am lost, confused, not knowing what to do, then it occurs to me that I am absolutely bored out of my mind. I pace the house, looking out of every window as if the rain will stop if I just keep taking a peek. I pull myself together, remembering a saying I once heard: "Bored people are boring!" Aha, alas, I get a grip, and it dawns on me that I am the creator here. I control the situation inside my home.
I am quickly led to the kitchen, where I lay eyes on my best friend, Mr. coffee pot. I set it up and it begins to brew. With a hot cup in hand, I curl up in my chair by the window and grab the book I started months ago and begin to read. I think I must have read three chapters in a matter of minutes. 
Once I become content enough to lay the book down, ideas begin flooding my brain just as the rain is flooding my front yard. It literally looks like a pond out there.
I pull out the old board games that have been sitting under the entertainment center collecting dust and gather the family around the dinner table. We all look at one another with this odd look as if none of us know what to do, like I have placed this alien object in front of us. But we open the box, set it up and begin to play. Aah...laughter, I hear. Smiles on my loved ones faces appear. The rain is falling, but we are nestled inside our home and there is Life. We are having a blast.
I can't tell you when the last time was that everyone put their mobile devices down for more than a second. We were happy, the social media networks that consumed our daily lives, moment to moment, seemed as obsolete as the dusty board games that I pulled out hours earlier.

Ya know, time is something that we all wish for and yet the irony is that when we get it, we don't quite know how to use it, what to do with it. 
Thank you rain for giving us the opportunity to come together in fellowship.
What do you do on rainy days? When was the last time that your family played a good old-fashioned board or card game?
Like the Post? Share with your Friends:-

Team SB
Posted By: Nicki L.

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

 

Let's stay Connected

Blog Freebies
Powered By Blogger
Campus Book Rentals
Copyright © . CreatingPositivity. All Rights Reserved.
Designed by :-