Open your Eyes | Creating Positivity Creating Positivity: Open your Eyes
Contact Us:



Name: *


Email: *

Message: *


Sign up for LifeLock today and receive 10% off!
Follow Me!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Open your Eyes


Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.



See the beauty all around you

The wonder that keeps you curious

The passion that keeps you driven

The goals that keep you inspired

The love of a child that keeps you motivated

Family that keeps you grounded

Friends that make you smile

:)


The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your

perspective.

Al Neuharth


Exactly my thoughts :)
So many of our misfortunes, misery and every day downs and outs in life are based on how we construct the events in our minds. Most of the time, with a little patience 
(okay, sometimes a lot [tehe] ) and a deep breath, we can regroup and figure out a constructive way to deal with our 'problems.'
I put problems in quotations because I view problems, as uncomfortable as they are, as opportunities to grow and learn from. So many times in my life, I have taken what life has thrown at me and exaggerated it or blew it up, causing myself great anxiety and fear, which often times paralyzed me from facing it head on.
(Hence, making a mountain out of a molehill)
What an overwhelming feeling of powerlessness. To be crippled by your own fear(s), thus hindering your progress forward. The stress in my life was manifested through the fact that I felt out of control every time something bad happened. Almost always viewing it as negative and pulling out my self pity card. (Woe is me syndrome). This way of life was clearly NOT working out for me. It was a toxic relationship and I was ready to break-up and move on. Ya know, as I'm typing this, I remember many times in my life that I felt this way, but the one way that helped me to break free from my own chains was one day as I dared to look deeply into my own eyes, I said to myself " I am sick and tired of being sick and tired" These words, uttered so vulnerably, became my biggest blessing! 
I began to understand that life wasn't perfect and my own was far from it, but I embraced that. It was OK. There was something much bigger here and it wasn't an accumulation of my problems. It was little opportunities, presented to me, on a daily basis if need be, by life, that gave me the chance to grow, learn, transform. This is how I now decided to view mishaps in my life. I chose to react differently. It became clear to me that molehills were tiny enough for me to jump over and I was big enough to make that leap.

The point of my little story is this:
Life is sometimes hard, it can be tough but I want you to always remember that so are you! You are not your problems, you are the solution.

"Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams."

Like the Post? Share with your Friends:-

Team SB
Posted By: Nicki L.

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

 

Let's stay Connected

Blog Freebies
Powered By Blogger
Campus Book Rentals
Copyright © . CreatingPositivity. All Rights Reserved.
Designed by :-